Friday, February 6, 2009

Butterflys That Brought Me To My Passion


Ever since i was little i loved being in front of the camera. I was very much a poser. But as i grew older i loved to take the beautiful shots instead. And still sometimes be in it of course. I said to myself that i had to make the choice to be in front of the camera or behind it. My textlie teacher once said i could be a model if i was tall and had no boobs. Or i could take the shots and learn the tricks and the trades of a great art. I chose to take the pictures instead.


What really got me first interested in photography was when i was on year 8 camp i think and we went to the Melbourne Zoo. I took some great pictures of some butterflys which still look amazing to me today. I entered some of the shots into my local festival and won junior photography of the year. I know it wasn't much seen as i live in such a small town but it felt like such a complete honour.

So i keep going on with my photos and started taking lots of marco and landscape pictures. They were turning out well and everybody could see it so for my birthday i got a SLR nikon D80. I fell in love.
I am also in love with taking sunset pictures. I love the colours the the harsh light at the end of the day.

Since then i haven't been able to stop taking pictures. I now take portraits and family ones too. Which has been a huge step for me. I don't know if this will be my career but i sure hope to continue this in the future. I will post some of my pictures up soon.

Click you soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment