Sunday, April 5, 2009

A big day!

Wow I also forgot to tell you Saturday morning our small little town had our first market in many years. I thought I would set up my own stall to get my name out there. I knew I wouldn't sell my photos there but I was hoping to get some job offers to do some portraits or something.
It was freezing cold and of course I forgot to bring a jumper.
I only had a small table but it just fitted all my photos on it.
I had 6 photos for sale and my photograghy portfolio there so show off my work, and show what I can do.
I didn't end up selling any of my photos. But that was ok.
Here is what I got instead:
-Scott's cousin was there she (Louise) said that I could some work experience and at newspaper she worked at and she said she could get me into another newspaper place. I was so happy and she also said she could drive me up and back every day.
-I also got a 90th birthday to do on the 18th of April. (Don't let me forget).
-I got about 4 family portriats to do.
-Two local restaurants want to put my photos up to sell.
-A local Arts Company said I can sell my work there. And they said they'll get less commission because I'm in the camera club. (By the way did I tell you I joined the camera club anyways I had my first meeting last month and my next on Tuesday).
-And alot of people took my number. I really need to get business cards and soon.

I can't believe how many jobs offers I got I'm so happy and proud of myself. I wasn't even going to end up going. Luckly I did though. I just hope that all the jobs work out.

Happy Day...... XX

4 comments:

  1. Annalisa,

    Big congratulations to you, it sounds like a very successful and productive day!

    Your 'Sunrise at 6' picture in your sidebar and the caption ("Many of us can't be bothered but everyone please watch the sunrise.") has kind of a special meaning to me. I was almost killed in a car accident last April, so I think being able to see each sunrise is a spectacular gift and a promise of something new. Many times I've looked out our bedroom window and thought that more people should take even a brief moment to appreciate them in the busy mornings.
    Is the original (or a print) for sale?

    Barry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barry,

    Thank you.

    I'm glad you like and you take time everyday and slow down.
    There are prints for sale.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How would I buy a print of that photo from you Annalisa, is there a place I can go to that I can see your work or get pricing?
    Thanks,

    B

    PS: Have you picked a name for your photography business yet? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't got a site up yet. But if you say what print and size you want, I'll give you a price.

    Na I haven't yet I wanted to use dreamwave but its already been used :(

    Got any more ideas?

    ReplyDelete